International Certification in Sports Management
Purpose of the certification
The purpose of this qualification is to understand and learn the skills needed working as a Sports manager in international working environment.
Structure of studies
- Orientation day 19.10.2020 at Varalan Urheiluopisto
- Studies on web platform, estimated study time 8 months
- Online student counseling
- Sport Manager Seminar and graduation day at Varalan Urheiluopisto
Enrollment and study fee
- Admission requirements
- Good English skills
- Experience as manager or experience in operating team/club.
- Enrollment via net form
- Registration open 3.2.-1.10.2020
- Study fee 3 990€
- 1st part 1 995 €. (to be paid before the start of the studies)
- 2nd part 1 995 €
Organisation and certification
- Responsible organisation of studies in Finland is Varalan Urheiluopisto
- Study platform and content of the studies United States Sports Academy (USSA)
- Operator of the studies Proftraining Finland proftraining.fi
- Certification is issued by United States Sports Academy (USSA),. USSA is a private, non-profit, regionally accredited university located in Daphne, AL. ussa.edu
Structure of certification
- Composed by six independent courses
- Course components
- Unit Overview briefly describes the contents of the unit,
- Learning objectives
- Reading assignments
- Self test
- Final Examination
- Sports Administration
This course surveys and prepares the prospective sport administrator for the full range of potential responsibilities in the field – ranging from interaction with the private and public sectors to scholastic and intercollegiate programs. It teaches the primary management duties, beginning with human resource management and supervision, and provides a strong background for the necessities of program development. The essentials of fiscal management beginning with knowledge of institutional facilities for hosting sport programs are complimented by an understanding of the numerous management financial responsibilities. The course is very structured and specific as it takes you quickly and succinctly through initial overall objectives to be accomplished to a wide-ranging assortment of categorical perspectives.
- Sports Facilities and Event Management
This course involves the study of the principles, guidelines, and recommendations for planning, constructing, using, and maintaining indoor and outdoor sports, physical education, recreation, and fitness facilities.
- Sports Business and Personnel Management
This course involves the study of the principles of personnel management including staffing, training, creation of a favorable work environment, labor relations, compensation, benefits, laws, position descriptions, and employee evaluations.
- Sports Marketing
This course includes an in-depth study of sports marketing and the influence it has in accomplishing objectives in today’s world of sports. It involves a thorough review of the product (in both its tangible and “service” forms) and of how the product is brought to market. Topics include advertising, promotions, public relations, location, pricing, sponsorships, licensing, market segmentation, and the role of research.
- Introduction to Sports Security Management
This course examines the concepts, principles, and methods of organizing and administering security management and loss-prevention activities in industry, business, government, and sport venues. Emphasis is on protection of assets, personnel, and facilities.
- Sports Public Relations
This course is designed to provide the student with an understanding of public relations and its role in sports management. A clear understanding of the differences between public relations and advertising, marketing, publicity, or promotion is provided. The basic areas of public relations are covered, and an understanding of public relations planning is provided.
+358 40 5350 337