Welcome to Varala
+358 3 2631 111
Mon-Thu 7:45 am – 7 pm
Fri 7:45 am – 8 pm
Sat 8:00 am – 6 pm
Sun 8:45 am – 4:30 pm
Finnish Independence day 6th of December 8.30 am-4.30 pm
22nd December 7.45 am – 3 pm
23 rd – 26th December CLOSED
27th December. 7.45 am-
30th December to 1st January CLOSED
Changes in opening hours are possible.
The outdoors will be locked at 10:00 p.m. You can access your own accommodation building with your room key around the clock
Property manager on call 24/7
You can reach the on-call property manager 24 hours a day by calling
tel. +358 40 5269 755.
Please take care of your roomkey! In case you lose or forget your key, we charge 50€ door opening fee outside of receptions opening hours.
- In case of firealarm, stay calm and leave the building. – you can find the meeting place in the exit instructions on the door of your room. Fire department is immediately alerted and will be on the property on approximately 10 minutes.
- In case of an accident: you will find ice on the ground floor of the main building, next to Kahvila Anna. Ice machine is located in the room marked with white and green first aid cross. Emergency care is located at Tays Central hospital. address:Ensitie 8, Tampere.
- The defibrillator can be found on the wall next to the reception.
- Check – in times Mon- Thu from 2 pm – 6:45 pm Fri-Sat from 4 pm – .
- Check out 12 pm
- You can find extra pillows in the drawer of your room
- Gym is available for guests. Please ask for the key from the reception.
- Free WiFi:
- Varala area map and map of the Tampere citycentre are available at the reception
- Breakfast Mon-Fri 7:00 am – 9:00 am , Sat 7:00 am – 9:30 am and Sun 7:30 am – 9:30 am
- Lunch Mon – Sun 11 am – 1:30 pm, price €15.90
- Dinner Mon – Sat 4 pm – 6:00 pm, price €10.90 (no dinner on Sundays)
- You can find the menu here: https://varala.fi/lounas-ja-paivallislista/
- While Restaurant Säde is closed, we recommend that you check out Tampere’s restaurant offerings here:
Kahvila Anna, located on the ground floor of the main building, offers snacks for small and big hunger
Mon-Fri 9 am – 7 pm
Sat 12 pm – 6 pm
Finnish Independence day 6th December CLOSED
Christmas time and new year
17th December 2023 to 7th January CLOSED
Near by Varala
- Public transport – bus number 10 runs the citycenter-Varala several times an hour.
You can find the timetables here:
Timetable, Bus number 10.
- Grocery store K-Market Tahmela – 750 m
- Beach – Tahmela beach 850 m
- Taxi Tampere tel. +358 100 4131
Taxi Tampere app can also be used to order a taxi, search taksi tampere on app store/play store.
Things to do in Tampere
- You can take a look at Tampere’s events here: https://visittampere.fi/en/events/.
Where it all started?
Did you know that Varala Sports Institute is Finland’s first Sports Institute, which was founded in 1909 originally to promote sports education for women?
You can read more about Varala’s history here: https://varala.fi/en/history/